Tuesday, February 2, 2010

6 Day Detox

Hi everyone. So I contemplated if I should blog about this subject or not. Some people may agree or disagree on the benefits of detoxing but, I decided to blog on this and post my experiences.

Back in October last year, I wanted to jump start my weight loss. I purchased a program that included a 6 day detox. Basically you drink smoothies (made of organic fruits and whey protein) 3 times a day and snack on soup. At the end of the 6 days, I lost 11 lbs! I thought I was going to gain it back, but I didn't..not even one 1lb. I felt great during it, and I had high energy. So I decided to do the detox again. And boy do I really need a cleanse of my liver and colon (sorry).

I started the detox 2 days ago, today is Day 3 and I am happy to report that I've lost 4.2 lbs so far!! I feel great and my bloating has dropped significantly. I am drinking about 1,500 calories a day and taking herbal supplements to aid in the cleansing, so I am not starving myself.

However, I do miss chewing food. I worked out on Sunday and I plan on doing it tonight.

Now if I can follow drinking all my meals for 6 days, why can't I eat clean for 6 days straight??
Coach Monney

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nana that's awesome! Could you post the smoothi recipes? I would love to try this! Still having trouble completely kicking coffee, although I am down to only one a day, but I think that replacing my afternoon coffee with a smoothie would be a good start. Also, do you bring your smoothie to work? If so, how do you keep it from spoiling or going bad?

    As always, thanks for your tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Araba, I posted a few f the smoothie recipes. Check it out. Yes I had to bring the smoothie in to work. I pre-made them at home and brought it in a stainless steel water bottle and put it in the fridge at work.

    ReplyDelete