Thursday, October 7, 2010

Motivation



Hi folks.

My blog seems to have become a place to post my updates instead of tips and advice. But perhaps people can learn from what I do by me sharing this info.

Right after I finished filming my video for the CLX infomercial, I went into a little rut. Yep, it happens to the best of us at times, but I was determined not to be in that place for long. I've come to far to revert back into my old ways. I didn't have anything to motivate me to keep at the healthy eating and workouts. I've achieved my goals and even exceeded them. Everyone was telling me I looked great and I should stop losing weight, stop being so obsessive and just enjoy life. I listened to them, and started following their advice. One missed workout won't kill me, I thought. One cheat day or two (or three) won't make or break me, I hoped. But I was wrong, it does. One becomes two, becomes 3, then next thing you know, you've hit a rut. And digging yourself out of a rut is not always as easy as falling into one.

So I needed a new goal, a new challenge. Something to motivate me to keep focused. Folks, I found it. I decided to enroll in a contest - the Body Makeover Transformation contest by Oxygen Magazine ( a fitness magazine). I have 3 months to transform my body, and if I win I get $1,000 and possibly a one page spread in their magazine. So I took my before pics in a bikini (requirement) holding the magazine. I have to take the after in the same bikini, if possible, in 3 months holding the same magazine.

So I'm restarting CLX and adding in Turbo Fire for the cardio days.
Wish me luck. It’s a little fun contest to give me motivation to eat clean and bring it with my workouts. (plus I want to be famous. lol)

That rut is history,
Coach Monney

No comments:

Post a Comment