Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 3 - SHAKE DAY

I have to say, I am very proud of myself. I stuck to my guns and fasted all day yesterday, drinking liters of water and some green tea. And I worked out 3 times! It wasn't as bad as I expected and I wasn't too hungry. But funny thing, someone who didn't know I was fasting offered me coffee and a donut yesterday (bad timing, huh?). I kindly refused. They insisted. Again, I said no thanks. They asked why. I said I'm good, but you go ahead and enjoy. They asked one more time. I almost yelled NO! But yep, I stuck to my guns and just sipped on water. This morning I woke up feel refreshed and light, and my tummy wasn't growling either. In addition, my tummy felt quite flat (especially compared to the prior day cheating).

The fast day was challenging, but now that I've completed it successfully, I am so much stronger and I know I can handle anything.

Today is Shake Day. I have to consume 5 protein shakes (3 of them are blended with fruit), and in between if I am hungry I can snack on veggies. For workouts, I have to perform a Strength Training circuit (heavy lifting with low reps) and low intensity cardio in the evening. The strength training workout was tough after more that 36 hours of fasting (including sleep) but I made it through in 45 minutes.

What I like about this diet is that everyday is different so although its mentally tough, you take it one day at a time.

Tomorrow is a MODERATE CARB UP DAY, so I can eat bread, potatoes and meat. Yah!!!

Coach Monney

No comments:

Post a Comment