Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Come Back

So its been a while seen I've posted. A few of you have emailed me asking me why and if everything is OK. Honestly, ya, things are, eh, OK. But I must say, the last 2 weeks, I've lost complete and utter focus. I have to be honest again, I've been eating terribly. Fast food and sugar loaded treats. And I stopped exercising. Then one day someone who reads my blog CAUGHT me at a food court, while I was inhaling a whopper at Burger King. He sent me an email saying "Coach Monney, that burger didn't look like a salad, what would your readers say?" Yep I was busted red handed. But I didn’t care. I even lied to him that I eat like that only once in a while. Not true. Even today I opted for an egg mcmuffin and a double double coffee. It didn't even taste good.

Sometimes a coach needs to be coached. I am blessed that I have good friends in my life that care about me, that care about my goals and the things that are important to me. A close friend of mine told me today (and many other times) that because of me, he is so motivated and was able to lose 15 lbs. He's been doing very well with clean eating and exercising consistently, and I've been so proud of him. But since I've fallen of track, the last thing I wanted to hear was "I skipped for 20 minutes this morning, or I ate oatmeal with almonds for breakfast or my body is changing or I want to take my workouts to the next level…blah, blah, blah. For real, it made me want to gag. Really. Is this what I sound like when I'm in the sweet spot, when I'm in the zone??? At first, it sounded like bragging and I didn’t want to hear it, especially since he was doing what I know I ought to be doing. But really, slowly and slowly, as annoying as it sounded at the time, I am starting to get back on track. I hate to admit it, but its working. Oh and when I do, which looks like it will be in the next day..watch out. You know who you are and thank-you for caring.

The Coach is back,
Coach Monney

2 comments:

  1. Great post...I love that you're honest and that you share the good and the bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nana,
    No matter what, you are still inspiring. I have had my ups and downs during this journey as well. It has been so helpful that you have been honest, because now instead of focusing on the shame of giving in to the weaknesses I can just focus on getting back on track!

    Thank you, as always :-)

    ReplyDelete