Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spice Up That Workout

So it looks like on Wednseday's, a friend of mine will be posting interesting topics here. I plan on following his advice.....

Coach Monney

In order to ensure that you don't get bored while working toward your fitness goals it is important to include variety in your workouts. I began the year working out to Billy Blanks fitness DVD’s. This was exciting as it was something I had not tried before and found the workouts new and pushed my body. After a few weeks I wasn't as motivated to push play on that dvd and workout. I then began to skip rope , then moved to the treadmill, then to the stair climber, then to the rowing machine. Yesterday for the 1st time I tried a spin class. Now that is a serious workout, heart pumping, sweat pouring, all while gasping for air. I have kept myself going by trying new things that I didn’t think I would enjoy. If you’re not a member of gym you can skip, walk up and down stairs, jumping jacks, borrow workout DVD from library, the list goes on. So basically lets all try to stay motivated by changing the routine to something new, you might be surprised what you end up enjoying the most. As they say...variety is the spice of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment