Friday, March 5, 2010

Guest Blogger

So I feel better after blogging yesterday and I'm back on track today. This is an interesting post from one of my dear friends and fellow readers of my blog. I wanted to share it with you....

Coach Monney

Pep in my step

I got to work today, and was in a good mood. A coworker commented that I seemed chipper and in a really good mood. "I am" I replied but still didn't know the cause. My morning routine that day was wake up , skip for 20 minutes, eat breakfast and head off to work. Nothing special had happened and I didn't win the lottery. I started doing a search curious to know how many calories I had burned while skipping for 20 minutes, and came across a web page that spoke about the release of endorphins. I dug a bit deeper and found that "when endorphins are released into the body, they cause a sense of well being". I had solved the mystery of why I was in such a good mood. We may not have the time in the morning to take on a vigorous 1 hour workout, but I personally will by trying to make effort to get my heart rate up for 20 minutes consistently in the effort to help the release of endorphines and make sure I have some pep in my step. Worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment