Monday, March 8, 2010

Quinoa and My Focus

I worked out only once this weekend, but it was great. Worked out to Turbo Jam. And I ate super clean all weekend and even prepared my meals for the next few days. How's that for refocus? Yes, I'm patting myself on the back. Something happened to me this morning. I don't know what it was. Just like someone opened my eyes. All the sudden I became super motivated. I see the bigger picture. I know what I want to accomplish, I know how to do it. Just shut and do it. Hmm, so I will, and you know what, I know I can do it. Pushing play tonight with Chalean. Just do it.

One thing with me is I get bored eating the same types of foods all the time. So I looked up a new food and made it and people, I must say, it was YUMMY. Its called Quinoa. Pronounced (keen-wah), its a low-fat source of protein and rich in essential nutrients. Quinoa is rich in magnesium, zinc, vitamin E, and selenium, which help to control weight and reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes. Quinoa is a high-fiber food that promotes digestive health, may reduce the risk of breast cancer in pre-menopausal women, may prevent cardiovascular disease and diabetes, promotes weight loss, and aids weight maintenance. Give it a try.

I got my eye on the prize,
Coach Monney

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! The lesson is that a little bump in the road doesn't have to mean the end of the world!

    ps: been eating Quinoa for a minute! Love it more than rice, if that's possible! And don't get the "itis" after! lol

    ReplyDelete