Thursday, January 14, 2010

Keeping it Real....

Hi everyone,

Sorry, but I've been missing in action and haven't checked up on how the challenge is going. I see there are about 5 of you left in the challenge. For the remainer of this week, continue doing exactly what you did, eat clean and workout.

I have a confession to make to myself and to all of you. As much I as I know what I need to do with eating clean and working out, I stumble and lately its been a lot more than I'd like. I always offer advice to you but sometimes I don’t even follow what I say. Practice what you preach right? Wrong. I haven't. I was so excited to start a new workout program (ChaLean Extreme) and I got even more excited when I saw amazing results after one week. The program (along with clean eating) does work, BUT you have to follow it. Then I starting making excuse after excuse after excuse. I stopped doing exactly what I preached. I stopped eating clean and I stopped pushing play. And that depressed me. But rather than dusting myself off, like I said in previous posts, I continued to feel down and I continued to eat badly. Here enters the cycle. Again, no chalean extreme. I was setting myself up for failure. And I did just that. The weight I lost all came back and that depressed me even more. I wasted my valuable time working out so hard. Then I suddenly got re-motivated and started back again. I thought to myself, oh that was just a small set back. Then came my cheat day and it never stopped. It's now going on 1 cheat week. So I've come to the realization that I am not ready mentally. I started based on excitement, not on making a COMMITMENT. A commitment to myself, to this process, to this lifestyle. Until I become committed, I will never succeed.

So this is where I am now. Today is another bad day. I didn't plan my meals and as a result, didn't make great food choices. I got to push play tonight. I just have to shut up and do it, right?

Coach Monney

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nana,

    The hardest part of this "challenge", which is really a lifestyle change is figuring out how to re-program the mind. Eating poorly just feels too damn good; in my case, over-eating (even the good stuff) is my weakness! It would be interesting to find out from others what they are doing to re-program the mind. What are the new "habits"? My confession is that I've been eating well, but have replaced "bad" food with 3times the serving, which is also counter-productive! I think this challenge is not just about winning after the 6 weeks, but also about being transformed. There are many things that will come to the surface once we don't have our poor eatting habits to lean on for comfort or distraction! It's easy to say "just confront the feelings that food distracts us from" but its not that easy, however, we can do this together! This is an essential part of the journey!

    ReplyDelete