Thursday, January 14, 2010

Keeping It Real...Feedback

I received an email today from one for our fellow blog members and it touched me so much to the point of tears that I had to post it right away:

One thing I've come to terms with is that not another soul can lose the weight for me. I have to do it for myself. No one else complains about my weight more than me, so I'm actually losing it for me. When I get down and try to drown the sorrows with food, I really do feel better for all of the time it takes to eat/drink...then the high disappears and I feel like hell. Don't do it Nana!!!! You have too many reasons to stay on track - one morsel of food at a time, one calorie burned at a time.
You don't owe it to anyone but yourself...and who greater than yourself is more deserving of the victory of reaching your goal???? Motivating others doesn't make you accountable to others, you suffer the biggest lost if you're not accountable to yourself. Others will forgive you, but you'll be much harder on yourself. You can't lift me up and let yourself fall, that's not fair to you. Think about how good you feel when you're feeling good and let that motivate you. Feeling bad and suffering the repercussions is much harder than the hard work you're putting in to reach your goal. Just take it one step at a time and don't worry too much about where you're coming from and where you need to get to. Wasn't it you that said the present is a gift...that's why it's called the present???? Make your gift count Nana.

Thanks sweetie.
Coach Monney

No comments:

Post a Comment