Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Step Away from the Scale. I repeat.....

Good evening my fat losers. So your fat loss journey has been great. Your clothes are more loose. Everyone is telling you that you lost weight and you look small. But you step on the scale and guess what? No change! You are the same weight you have been for the past month. AAAAHHHHHH! Well here's my tip of the day. Ditch the scale. Say hello to your tape measure. Scales are not great measures for fat loss. Why Coach Monney, you ask? Let's put it plain and simple. Muscle weighs more than fat. Well what exactly does that mean? Muscle takes up 5 times LESS space than fat. As you increase your metabolism and lose fat, you also gain lean muscle mass. So although the number on the scale appears the same, you have actually dropped a lot more fat and gained an equal amount of lean muscle. You drop size and become lean and mean.

And who really sees the number on the scale besides you anyway? What is more important is that you reduce your waistline, and look and feel better in clothes. Right?

Happy measuring,
Coach Monney

2 comments:

  1. Great Tips! Now I won't be so disappointed when I see the scale go up/down 2 pounds.

    Question: How do you know if you lost real weight or just water?

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi "M". Thanks for your comment. If you lose water weight, you normally lose it quickly and gain it back quickly. For example, I was recently on a detox and I lost 11 lbs in 6 days. If it was true WATER weight loss, I would have gained it back right away. But I didn't. 4 weeks later I am still 11 lbs lower, so that means it was fat weight.

    ReplyDelete