Sunday, November 22, 2009

What the Heck is Cheat Meal Anyway?

Hello fellow fat losers. I had a great weekend of healthy eating and exercise. If you know me personally, then you'll know I am a fitness video addict. I have them all, from the old Buns of Steel tapes, to my ultimate favourite Turbo Jam. Beachbody just released a new fitness DVD program...Rev Abs. Its a 90 day program and looks interesting. I am so tempted to purchase it and add it to my fitness tape library. I wonder if it will surpass my beloved Turbo Jam. I'll let you know if I decide to order it.

So on to today's topic, which is near and dear to my heart. Cheat meals, cheat days. We've all heard that term before, usually when we are on a strict diet plan, and we deviate from the plan and eat something "bad". Well I don't believe in diets and I certainly don't believe in cheat meals/days. Why? Well if you are following my tips, then there really isn't any so called cheating. If you wolfed down 4 slices of pizza in one sitting, OK you indulged quite a bit. But cheat, no. Rather than feeling depressed that you set yourself back one week (which you didn't!!!), dust yourself off, realize why you ate something what was not the best option for you, learn from it and move on. The important thing is what you do AFTER you indulge. Don't continue. Exercise a little harder and get right back on track.

Till next time,
Coach Monney

4 comments:

  1. is turbo jam the one from the infomercials?? It looks good, how often do you do this??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shammy, yes, Turbo Jam is constantly on the infomercials. Trust me when I say I have all the tapes/DVDs. TJ is the best one of all. I absolutely love it. Kickboxing to great music. Check it out at www.beachbody.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nana,

    It's great to know this information because I feel VERY guilty whenever I cheat and sometimes feel like its pointless to continue, but you are right, and having that "victim" kind of attitude is very counter-productive...taking full responsibility for "cheating" means exercising extra harder!

    As always, thanks for the great tips. Also, I've taken your suggestion and added some protein to my smoothie in the morning and found that with the protein, the smoothie "holds" me much longer, sometimes I have to schedule my snack or I forget to eat one! Keep sending the great tips, they are much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Araba, I'm glad that my tips are helping you. I've lost quite a bit of fat lbs using them!!!

    ReplyDelete